The results of the poll sparked a heated controversy when BLACKPINK’s Jennie couldn’t even enter the top 5.
Recently, theVerge website has just announced the results of the poll with the topic “The most talented female Kpop idol in 2021”. This is a large-scale vote with the participation of more than 12,000 spectators at the Korean online forum Kpop Community. The poll results, after being posted, immediately attracted attention because of the appearance of a series of representatives from BLACKPINK, (G)I-DLE, and aespa.
5. Rosé (BLACKPINK)
The fact that BLACKPINK‘s primary voice is at the top of this list is predictable. Rosé has always done well in her main vocal role in every BLACKPINK comeback from 2016 to the present. Rosé has always shown her attractiveness and talent, most notably with her solo debut album -R- and the title song “On The Ground.“
4. Jisoo (BLACKPINK)
BLACKPINK Jisoo is ranked fourth on the list of the most talented female idols in Kpop. Jisoo not only excelled in her vocal position in BLACKPINK, but she also demonstrated her talent as she has entered the acting field and swiftly got the lead role in the forthcoming JTBC drama Snowdrop.
3. Miyeon ((G)I-DLE)
The BLACKPINK “almost member” generated a great surprise as he was listed. She received high praise thus she received 3rd place overall. The (G)I-DLE member is famous for her “muse”-like visual. Miyeon also demonstrates that she is a multi-talented idol by being in charge of the lead vocals of the growing girl group (G)I-DLE while also participating in other solo activities like MCing and acting.
2. Karina (aespa)
SM‘s new generation “goddess” – Karina also surprised fans when she was the youngest female idol to “enroll” in this ranking and excellently won the runner-up position. Since her debut, Karina has always made fans admire her surreal “AI-like” visual. In addition, she also has impressive vocal, rapping, and dancing skills, proving that she is a perfect fit for aespa‘s center position.
1. Lisa (BLACKPINK)
The maknae of BLACKPINK appeared impressively on the 1st rank of the chart with 4.730 votes (39,4%), outnumbering other artists. According to theVerge, Lisa always sits on top of the chart because she has an “unexpected” attractiveness that aroused the attention of fans and the media. She doesn’t stay with one style and often appears with new images throughout all the eras of BLACKPINK. In addition, Lisa has become the brand ambassador for many famous brands in the world, such as Bvlgari, M.A.C, Celin, etc., proving herself as a top-class star.
On September 10, “the most talented KPOP female idol of 2021” will debut as a soloist. As expected, although Lisa has just teased fans with some posters and videos, she already earned many achievements. She broke the record of the solo artist with the most pre-ordered album and also received explosive reactions from KPOP fans on Facebook and Twitter.
In response to the vote, netizens have blown up an intense discussion:
– I think Jennie is more talented. She’s good at singing, dancing, and rapping. This is just a chart voted by fan.
– Lisa is talented, but I think Jennie is way better than her.
– In short: This is a chart based on talents but was decided by fans. Which idol has more fans will rank higher.
– Karina has just debuted not long ago; how could she charted higher than many seniors such as IU, Chungha. There are more talented artists than her.
– I love Miyeon, but I don’t understand why she appeared on this list
– The chart should be decided by experts in music because it’s a chart based on talents. A vote like this just paves the way for idols with a huge fandom.
– To be honest, netizens all agree that Jennie is the most talented member of BLACKPINK. She’s an all-rounder because she can dance, rap, sing, and her visual is also outstanding…. Moreover, there are more idols in Korea who deserve to sit on the No.1 than Lisa, for example, Wendy or Miyeon. So if your idol charted high on this list, it doesn’t mean she is more talented than the others. It’s just a vote by fans. Please do not underestimate other people’s idols.
– I like Lisa and Karina
In short, it is not easy to be a KPOP idol. Every KPOP idol has to sacrifice a lot to become famous, and of course, they need to have talents and always try to improve themselves to deserve the love of their fans. Therefore, we should recognize and appreciate the talents of every female idol. This is just a fan vote, so we should only take it for reference and not underestimate any other idols.