The preview for the next episode of “Street Woman Fighter” has sparked heated controversy between Korean fans and international fans.
Recently, Street Woman Fighter has been piquing the public’s interest in bringing together the best dance groups in Korea. During the past episodes, 8 dance teams brought the audience eye-catching stages and fiery battles.
The latest preview for Street Woman Fighter‘s upcoming episode also gained netizens’ attention. Specifically, two teams, WANT, and HOOK will combine with idols for the upcoming round. However, it caused a big controversy on SNS.
Accordingly, WANT will invite LOONA’s Yves, Weki Meki’s Yoojung, and Lee Young Ji for their performance while HOOK will collab with SNSD’s Sooyoung. International fans are extremely supportive of the decision to bring idols to the next round, especially as previous episodes showed some contestants looking down on WANT Lee Chaeyeon, a Kpop idol.
On the other hand, Korean netizens are not satisfied with this. Many people disagreed when the show focused more on idols instead of dancers while this is a show about professional dancers. Others argue that having idols on one team will attract more likes and views, leading to injustice towards other teams.
Some comments from Knetizens:
- The views and the likes are how they get evaluated so this seems unfair, doesn’t it…”
- I really don’t like this. On top of that, they’re putting celebrities as the main dancers in a competition about professional dancers ㅋㅋ.
- This is a program dedicated to dancers so they should keep the stages full of dancers only. Mnet, what are you doing.
- Why do they keep including celebrities…I’m honestly so disappointed…I was already disappointed enough with Chaeyeon.
- The vibe of ‘Street Woman Fighter’ has changed a lot. It’s not good anymore.
- I just wanted to see a dance program where they competed with only dancing ㅠㅠ
In the preview for HOOK’s performance, SNSD’s Sooyoung stood in the center and dressed in a completely different outfit. This makes professional dancers like backup dancers for Sooyoung. And of course, the focus will be on the SNSD members, not the HOOK members.
On the other hand, Chaeyeon and the idols who will be collaborating with WANT also promote their upcoming stage on SNS. This makes Knets extremely frustrated because obviously idols have a much bigger reputation than professional dancers and that will cause a bad impact on the other teams.
The next episode of Street Woman Fighter will air on September 21, 2021.