Many people have spoken out to defend and protect the young female idols from STAYC in this situation.
In the K-pop world, female idols are frequently targeted by Korean men for a variety of reasons, ranging from supporting feminism to receiving ads that do not favor them. And recently, a similar case related to STAYC occurred, infuriating the Korean online community.
Not long ago, while doing a live broadcast on V Live, 2 members Yoon and J of STAYC read a comment with the content: “I’m a soldier and I’ve been listening to ASAP over 3 times a day, I love you~~~ Please come perform in the army ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ”
STAYC’s Yoon and J read the comment about someone asking them to perform in the army and that’s how Yoon answered when she saw the comment. Yoon said: “Looks like we are liked in the army. My dad is also a soldier ~~ (making hearts) thank you~~ If not for these times, we would’ve been able to go… that’s how concerts are (nowadays). We want to perform but we can’t”
And then, there were numerous fans flooding in the comments on Vlive saying things like “why are you asking a minor to go perform in the army?” So Yoon said while swinging her finger “Ah everyone, I’m not talking about army performance but just “performance” (in general), don’t worry”
However, Yoon became the target of bully on Korean male forums as a result of this seemingly innocuous statement. A post that received over 500 approvals from Korean men stated that there was “no need to sympathize” with Yoon.
An article from a male netizens is as follows:
“Your stomach was too full and it exploded! STAYC!
Their group is a female community’s pick and the fans were talking about performing in the army in the chat.
I expected the member to respond that way.I can understand that she said that because she’s a young rookie and couldn’t be careful.
But the public and men don’t have to be understanding towards her.
It’s not like she was my dongsaeng, my niece nor my daughter.
So why should I be understanding?
I hope that all men knew about this comment of hers.
Knowing that it’s your freedom to continue liking her but I hope that you all know that she thinks like that.
I don’t like this group but ASAP used to be in my playlist but I deleted it right away”
More than 300 comments have been left below this post, and a series of top comments with hundreds of upvotes have used harsh, even disgusting, words to criticize both Yoon and STAYC.
Some comments on male community site:
- 297: Seriously, does she think that we’re asking her to go on stage to show her s*x appeal? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Our 2 picks already cameㅋㅋㅋ
- 244: What’s the correlation between minors and army performance?? Empty brain b*tches
- 197: F*ck, does she think that some soldier will take her captive and make her perform there? So f*cked up
- 191: Their songs are also for f*ckers. F*ck, go perform to some women’s university
- I saw Rania and Yoo Seong Eun at the soldier marathon conference at the ROK/US and I still vividly remember them. I think that there were some male singers too but I don’t remember them.
- Recently, I was enjoying listening to ASAP but… looks like I’ll have to skip on them from now on”
This incident was then widely publicized on popular Korean community forums, and a large number of netizens unanimously expressed their support and protection for Yoon. Korean netizens argue that a part of Korean men are overly sensitive, even though the STAYC member did not say anything offensive to the army or soldiers.
Korean netizens comment:
- Male communities, get rekt
- ㅋㅋ they don’t even care about what she said before and after that and they are just trying to frame herㅋㅋpathetic.
- These f*ckers won’t even spend money on them but are talking about boycott ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ We don’t feel offended at all, I’m thanking you for not liking them ㅋㅋㅋㅋ aigo, f*ckers🤏🏻
- So sensitive… what’s there to be mad about?
- An army performance is still a performance ㅠ she can make mistakes
- F*cking sensitiveㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Yoonie, I love you and support you~~~~
- ? What’s problematic about this?
- ??? So what is there to be mad about?? I re-read the post and looking at the comments, I think I’m starting to understand…ㅋ Fragile masculinity is indeed extremely fragile. Their mentality is so fragile that just looking at this 🤏 , they get hurt…
- Their glass mentality is so fragile. Seriously sensitive ㅋㅋㅋ sigh, this is so tiring
- What comment was problematic…..? Seriously, If*cking don’t know ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- Don’t touch STAYC, you repulsive f*ckers ㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗㅗ
- No but I kept reading it and still couldn’t figure out what was problematic about it??? So talking about a normal performance is controversial? I don’t get it
- It’s a f*cking win if they don’t consume STAYC~~~ These are f*ckers who would make weird gifs about them
- Jjang-TAYC, fighting. Hit even bigger