It turns out that the original ending of Crash Landing On You, the hit drama starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin, is totally different from what was broadcast on TV.
Recently in a documentary about Crash Landing On You, the lead actress Son Ye Jin unexpectedly revealed an alternate ending of the drama. Specifically, the hit drama originally had a heartbreaking ending. The main couple was supposed to be separated for good at the 38th parallel, which divides the two Koreas: “About Se Ri and Jung Hyuk’s reunion in Switzerland, this is actually a rewritten scene. The original script had a completely different ending. To make it realistic, they were supposed to be separated forever at the 38th parallel.”
In response to this surprising information, the viewers are relieved because they almost had their hearts broken because of a sad ending.
Some comments from netizens:
- Fortunately, the ending is their reunion in Switzerland, which perfectly wraps up the drama and makes it legendary
- I would have bawled my eyes out if they broke up at the 38th parallel… Thank you PD
- OMG, if it ended at the scene where they split, I would not forgive the writer
- The actual ending already made me cry. I can’t imagine how I would react to the alternate ending, I would have cried for 7 days straight
- If they went with the original script, the main characters who love each other so much would end up getting separated, missing each other for the rest of their lives. The writer would be under fire if that happened.