RM’s confidence in front of guests at an event at the MET museum (USA) impressed many netizens.
During the recent schedule in the US, BTS visited the Metropolitan Museum in New York with Korean First Lady Kim Jung Sook and Culture Minister Hwang Hee. At the event, leader of BTS, RM, gave a speech to all guests in the role of “the President’s cultural envoy”. The male idol shared his thoughts on the value and beauty of Korean culture in the world today. RM does not need to look at the paper but can still speak fluently, confidently and extremely mature.
RM said, “Hi, I’m BTS leader Kim Nam Joon. I’m trying to speak a little louder because of the helicopter. First of all, the Metropolitan Museum of Art is one of my favorite places in New York. Two years ago I visited and took pictures. On a sunny day like today, next to my favorite work, Calder’s Mobile, it’s an honor to be standing here talking to everyone. I almost forgot what to say because the view was so beautiful, but I’ll do my best to keep going.
I’m excited to be back here again as a public representative. When I visited the Korean room with the guests, I was really overwhelmed and thought about it a lot. In New York, which is considered a mecca of art, a city that people from all over the world want to visit, it makes a lot of sense to see a Korean room like this.
I think we are where we are today thanks to so many people who have tried to spread the greatness of Korean culture. In particular, we are honored and happy to present the work of a Korean artist today. And I am even happier as an art lover and also a fan of Korean art. In fact, K-culture, K-pop, K-drama and K-movie, are also very prominent. There are really great Korean artists who are still not well known overseas, and they are putting in a lot of effort.
As Korea’s special envoy for future culture, we will further spread the greatness of Korean culture and its potential. To complete the task, we will work hard with a high sense of responsibility. There are many works that I personally like very much, and I hope to return here as Kim Nam Joon.”
RM’s speech has made a strong impression on fans. On TheQoo, the topic of male idols received a great deal of interaction with hundreds of comments praising the confident and mature attitude of the leader of BTS. Netizens admire the male idol’s ability to talk, express words, and artistic flair and understanding. No need to have a paper script, RM could still present fluently in front of the guests of the Green House, looking like a “young politician”.
- “So proud of Kim Nam Joon, it’s time to build our own country”
- “If someone like him is running for president, I’ll vote right way”
- “RM is good at writing and speaking, art is a topic he likes very much, so it spreads Korean culture very well”
- “The perfect man. How cool is it to be able to freely express your views in such a place. Both RM’s voice and expression are amazing”
- “Thank you RM for choosing to pursue music among my other passions”
- “Not a fan but many people will admire RM”
- “Okay, how many people of that age can speak in front of politicians without paper?”
- “I have learned a lot from RM and have always admired him!”…