This is not the first time these photos have gained attention on the Korean Internet.
Recently, past photos of Jungkook (BTS) and a young female idol suddenly reappeared and caught attention on online forums in Korea. The female idol in these photos is Chaerin (Cherry Bullet), and how close she and Jungkook look when they were both young quickly raised questions about their true relationship.
In the photos, Chaerin and Jungkook, then just elementary and middle school students, were hanging out at an amusement park overseas (Universal Studios Hollywood). The person who posted these photos captioned: “It seems they went out together when they were kids. I wonder what their relationship is …. Just looking at what they were wearing, these photos have probably been taken a long time ago.”
In response to this question, many netizens explained that Chaerin was originally the granddaughter of Son Sungdeuk – the choreographer of Big Hit Entertainment. Son Sungdeuk is also the dance trainer of BTS and Jungkook since middle school, which explains why Jungkook and Chaerin got to know each other when they were kids.
– “Chaerin is Sungdeuk Sensei’s niece”
– “I don’t think they were traveling or anything. Didn’t they come to America to learn to dance?”
– “Chaerin is Sungdeuk Sensei’s niece. Sungdeuk Sensei taught Jungkook since middle school and when he came to America to learn to dance, he brought Jungkook and Chaerin along”
– “No but at that time Jungkook looked so cute”
– “They met on a music show”
– “BTS’s dance instructor is Son Sungdeuk, his niece is Chaerin of Cherry Bullet!”
Chaerin was born in 2002, debuted in 2019 as the main dancer of Cherry Bullet – a girlgroup under the management of FNC Entertainment. After the lineup change, on January 20, Cherry Bullet made a comeback with their first mini album titled “Cherry Rush” and the title song “Love So Sweet”. The FNC girl group is currently promoting “Love So Sweet” on weekly music shows.