What did Korean netizens think of the Way to Go cover stage of 9 female Kpop idols at KBS Gayo Daechukje 2021?
KBS Gayo Daechukje 2021 (KBS Song Festival 2021) took place successfully on December 17. The event was hosted by Cha Eunwoo (ASTRO), Seolhyun (AOA) and Rowoon (SF9). The performer line-up featured Red Velvet, Stray Kids, TXT, Oh My Girl, ITZY, THE BOYZ, aespa, ENHYPEN, Kang Daniel, Lee Mujin, SEVENTEEN, Sunmi, NU’EST, ASTRO, Brave Girls, NCT U, SF9, Kim Woo Seok, STAYC and IVE.
Aside from artists’ individual performances, what makes fans look forward to year-end concerts is collaborations between Kpop idols from various groups. For KBS Gayo Daechukje 2021, the most anticipated special stage is SNSD’s Way To Go covered by 9 female Kpop idols from 6 groups.
Specifically, 9 female Kpop idols who participated in the special stage were Wendy (Red Velvet), Jiho (Oh My Girl), Yuna (Brave Girls), Chaeryeong and Yuna (ITZY), Sieun and Yoon (STAYC) and Ahn Yujin and Jang Wonyoung (IVE). Together, they covered SNSD‘s Way to Go in a bright, sweet style to convey the message of positivity and strength during this difficult time.
After that, the Way to Go cover performance quickly became a hot topic on Korean online communities. Many netizens were excited to see what the combination of 9 beautiful and talented female idols on the same stage would look like. As a result, the special stage did not disappoint them, receiving a bunch of positive comments.
Based on Korean netizens’ comments, it can be seen that the most appreciated female Kpop idol in terms of vocals is definitely Wendy (Red Velvet). Wendy has long been known as a top vocalist among 3rd generation idols, so it comes as no surprise that she stood out with both vocal color and singing techniques on this collaboration stage.
When it comes to visuals and aura, the female idol who receives the most praise from Korean netizens is Jang Wonyoung (IVE). Even in an all-visual lineup of girl group members, Jang Wonyoung still catches the eyes of netizens thanks to her doll-like face, surreal body proportions and sweet, refreshing presence.
Some comments by Korean netizens on Way To Go cover stage of 9 female Kpop idols at KBS Gayo Daechukje 2021:
- As expected, SM is still SM! Wendy’s voice is perfect, Wonyoung is so pretty!
- Yuna, Yujin, Wonyoung, seriously.. They stand out the most. That’s why height is so important
- Yujin and Yuna are so pretty ㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋ IVE, STAYC and ITZY will hit big in the future~~
- Sieun did well…. She sounds nice!
- Wendy and Jiho’s vocals are my type!
- Everyone did well!!
- Wendy suits the song’s vibes well, her energy is refreshing to watch!
- Wendy, that’s why she debuted under SM. Her vocals are amazing!
- They’re all pretty ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I like Yuna, Wonyoung, and Yoon the most!
- Wonyoungie is so pretty. She suits the center position perfectly!
- Wonyoung stands out even when she is among a group of pretty female idols. She looks like a princess!!
What are your thoughts on this special stage? Please let us know in the comments.