Dispatch announced all dialogs in AOA’s meeting, Jimin continuously apologized but Mina didn’t accept.
April 3, 2020: Shin Jimin’s father passed away.
April 4, 2020: Mina went to the funeral home. Jimin apologized and Mina cried. The two hugged each other. The content of the message Mina sent in the evening:
- Mina: (Summarized) I cried when you said sorry to me. What if I was closer and more honest, I regret it a lot. Thank you very much, really thank you. Sister, I’m sorry, and thank you too. (Summarized) Don’t get sick anymore. Be healthy. Thank you for hugging me.
- Jimin: I love you, Mina.
- Mina: I’m sorry and thank you, unnie.
- Mina: Let’s hug each other next time!
- Jimin: Of course. Don’t get sick, Mina.
The two texted each other several times after that:
- Minah: Did you call?
- Jimin: Yeah. I suddenly thought about calling you. (11:00 on April 18)
On May 12, 2020, Jimin called Mina. Mina replied with a text message:
- Mina: Sister! I’m sorry for not answering the phone. So tired these days. I didn’t receive any calls that day. Don’t worry. I will try. Are you okay? Don’t get sick. Next week or after that, if we can meet, let’s eat. Drinking is okay too.
- Jimin: Okay Minaya (Heart)
- Minah: Next week or after next week, when do you like?
- Jimin: Next week will be fine! Mina, are you tired these days? ㅠㅠ
- Minah: Yes. Very tired these days.
On July 3, 2020, Mina suddenly attacked Jimin.
Mina recounted, “I was scared because a certain unnie pulled me into a closet in the waiting room.” Jimin retorted, “Such novel!” Mina then continued to post 2 accusations and posted her wrist photos, showing signs of self-harm. Mina wrote: “Can’t I achieve my dreams? If you’re human, don’t do that. I hid the pillbox, secretly took the pill, and endured everything. I had to live like this. Because of Shin Jimin.”
On July 3, 2020, Jimin and AOA members went to see Mina. Dispatch obtained a transcript of a two-hour conversation at the time.
What hinders their conversation is the difference in ‘memory’. Jimin said, “It’s all my fault. I’m sorry.” Mina replied, “You said you don’t remember, what are you apologizing for?”.
- Jimin: I also came here because I have something to say. There are things you have accepted. I can’t remember, but I want to apologize for what you said.
- Minah: Don’t you remember?
- Jimin: That’s why I’ll apologize for all of that. You don’t know either.
- Mina: Whoa.
- Jimin: (Today) I came to settle things. I will admit what I did wrong.
- Mina: I wish you said something a little more meaningful. I know you don’t remember. Alright, I understand.
- Mina: Do you remember you used to hit me? You beat me because I was in the front.
- Jimin: Where did I hit?
- Mina: You hit my chest like this! Shall I beat you like that?
- Jimin: Do I hit you a lot?
- Mina: Yes.
- Jimin: Seems like I never pushed you like that…
- Mina: No. You punched me. Looks like you don’t remember. You didn’t come to solve anything.
- Jimin: I came to settle this.
The next day, Mina posted on Instagram: “She asked me where the knife was, was it okay if she died?” and criticized Jimin’s apologetic attitude. The conversation was recorded as follows:
- Mina: May I show you this? My left hand is injured.
- Jimin: What’s wrong? Sorry.
- Mina: Why? You ask me why? Jimin? I was really upset when you didn’t remember what you did to me. How can you do that and not remember?
- Jimin: Do you have a knife?
- Chanmi: Don’t do that.
- Jimin: I’d rather die.
- ChoA: Stop it. Just say sorry, but what are you planning to do?
- Mina: Excuse me?
- ChoA: If you say sorry, it’s over.
- Jimin: It’s all because of me, I will disappear.
- ChoA: You think everything can be solved by you dying?
- Jimin: I’m leaving. Sorry, everyone. I’m sorry, Mina.
ChoA and Chanmi both entered the conversation. The two resumed their discussion. But Jimin said that she didn’t remember, and Mina refused to accept the apology.
- Chanmi: Everyone please slow down. Calm down.
- Mina: Hurt others but you don’t remember?
- Jimin: I was wrong. I was really wrong.
- Mina: Don’t you remember anything?
- Jimin: What I did to you, I was wrong.
- Mina: I’ve become a fool.
- Jimin: Sorry, really sorry…
- Mina: But…
- Jimin: But I really wanted to come and apologize to you.
- Mina: I’ve become an idiot, you made me like this and say you don’t remember anything?
Jimin burst into tears. Blaming herself: “That’s just my memory, sorry. It’s all my fault. Even if you didn’t forgive me, I really came to apologize.”
Jimin explained to Mina about her stance at that time, “As a leader, I just wish we could walk on a flowery path, so there was a time when I scolded you. I didn’t know it hurt you.”
- Jimin: I will stand my ground to say.
- Mina: Just do it.
- Jimin: I’m the leader, I…
- Mina: treated me well?
- Jimin: I always wanted us to be able to walk on a good path. (cry)
- Jimin: Everything,… I don’t know that scolding you like that is hurting you.
- Mina: Walking on the good path but you said you did not like my body, said my face was like ***? Is that walking the good path?
- Jimin: I never said that.
- Mina: Because of you, I was depressed, had to go down that ugly path. Don’t you understand?
- Jimin: I’m sorry, my little words made you miserable, I’m sorry.
- Mina: You make me suffer every day. Don’t remember it, right?
- Jimin: Did I make you suffer every day?
- Mina: Yeah. I have to take medicine every day.
- Jimin: When you’re sick, I was the one by your side until the end. You don’t remember either?
- Mina: I remember. But you know what I thought then? You probably don’t know that I got sick because of you.
- Jimin: Is that so? You really don’t know it. (crying)
In fact, the conversation between the two was not narrowed at all. Jimin said “I was wrong”, Mina said “I don’t remember anything”, and ChoA tried to reconcile the conflict. Other members also shared their thoughts.
- Mina: Why do you hate me?
- Jimin: I don’t hate you (crying).
- Mina: (towards the other members) Didn’t all of you treat me badly?
- Chanmi: We can’t be on anyone’s side.
- ChoA: Everyone is awkward talking about this. Jimin-ah, leaving the group is not a good solution. If something makes you sad, just listen. You are the older.
- Jimin: I will.
- ChoA: Then just keep silent and listen.
- ChoA: And honestly, how long have we been working together before arguing like this? How many more times will we have to face each other? Just listen and say “Ah, I see. It’s true that I was a bit childish back then, I’m sorry”.
- Jimin: I’m sorry
- ChoA: That’s fine.
No matter how much ChoA tried to reconcile, Mina is still upset as Jimin did not remember anything.
- Jimin: I’ll leave AOA.
- Mina: Don’t leave.
- Jimin: No, I’ll leave the group.
- ChoA: Jimin-ah, leaving the group is not a good solution.
- Jimin: Now everyone wants to stay away from me.
- ChoA: At that time, I thought… Our schedule is so terrible that you may have been a bit sensitive to Mina. When Mina was sensitive, you felt the same, right?
- ChoA: Jimin-ah, Mina herself once told me “I’m too sensitive so it’s really tiring”. She felt guilty so she couldn’t say anything. So all you have to do is apologize.
- Jimin: I’m sorry for being so sensitive and childish that I couldn’t control my actions.
- Mina: If I had enough money to pay the contract, I would have left the group long ago. I had to go before I became a psychopath.
- Jimin: I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything you’ve been through.
- Mina: But I still feel annoyed because you said you don’t remember anything.
- Jimin: From now on I will remember it (crying).
- Mina: No, you don’t
- Jimin: I will remember all the things I did wrong to you. I was childish and very sensitive back then. Sorry for being so mean to you.
Hyejung showed up that time. She is Mina’s closest friend and the one in whom Mina has poured her heart.
- Hyejung: Maybe so. But I heard a story from Mina.
- Hyejung: But you said you don’t remember anything. Just because of the two of you…
- Jimin: I’m sorry, sorry (crying).
- Hyejung: Mina-ah, you have to apologize too.
- Mina: I’ll apologize to the other members, but I didn’t do anything to Jimin unnie.
- Jimin: Okay, you don’t need to apologize to me.
- Hyejung: You can’t do that.
- Jimin: I offended everyone. I just want our group to be better.
- Hyejung: I know.
- Mina: Liar!
- Chanmi: Just listen to what Jimin unnie says first.
- Mina: She even XXX with men. And now saying that she wanted the group to be better?
- Jimin: From my point of view, I thought what I did was good for the group. That’s why I didn’t realize I was wrong.
- Jimin: Now that I hear all of you say that, I feel very stressed. I’m sorry for that.
- Hyejung: It’s okay. We’re fine. We all understand you did it for the group.
- Hyejung: But because you told everyone that you don’t remember anything, Mina couldn’t help being angry. Regardless of whether you remembered and apologized or not.
- Mina: If she doesn’t remember, how can she apologize, Hyejung-ah?
- Hyejung: As a person, she can get it.
- Mina: Hey!! Apparently, she had thought about it and said she didn’t remember anything.
- Hyejung: Maybe she was shocked and flabbergasted.
- Mina: I’ve become crazy now.
- Hyejung: I’m crazy about you too.
- Mina: You just have to be crazy for once.
- Hyejung: I don’t like it.
- ChoA: Mina-ah. Maybe Jimin really did not remember that. She also apologized.
- Mina: But as soon as Jimin walked in, everyone saw it. I thought she was about to fight me.
- Chanmi: Because at first, Jimin unnie didn’t understand the specifics of the situation, that’s why.
- Mina: I understand, but everyone just try to live my day (crying).
- ChoA: I’m sorry, Mina. I really don’t understand you well. If someone else has done something wrong, you should talk about it…
Mina decided to accept Jimin’s apology after talking to the members. But the damage is not easy to heal.
- Mina: I know. I will accept the apology. I have accepted the apology.
- Jimin: I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.
- Jimin: Ah, I’m sorry too. I’m sorry I lost my temper.
- Jimin: We’re sorry.
- Hyejeong: I told you, everyone is at fault.
- Mina: Sorry. Everyone already apologized, now get out of my house. I accept the apology. I accept Jimin’s apology. OK?
- ChoA: Mina-ah.
- Mina: I must be going crazy.
- Chanmin: How can we leave you like this
- Mina: I’ll try my best to forget everything and to understand.
- ChoA: I get that. I was also very sensitive before. I’m sorry guys.
- Yuna: Anyway, it’ll get better after you could let out how you feel
- Mina: Yes, much better. It has calmed down a bit. I’ll have to try harder from now on.
- Mina: Seolhyun don’t cry
- Seolhyun: Yeah. Don’t mind us. If you continue to live while carrying resentment, you will get hurt.
Finally, ChoA wrapped up the situation at that time, what happened between the two, from the point of view of the oldest member.
- ChoA: The schedule during that time was insane. So you probably didn’t have time to take care of yourself.
- ChoA: There’s one more thing. You’re really childish. I told you but you didn’t listen.
- Mina: Right.
- Choa: You were covering your ears.
- Mina: Yes. I’m trying to fix that.
- Choa: That’s why I said you’re a disobedient kid. Honestly, I gave up a bit. But since you listened to whatever Jimin said, I thought it was a good thing. But turns out it’s not
- Mina: Yes
- Choa: You’re dissatisfied with that. We don’t argue much so that became the problem.
- Mina: I have to try too. Now I’m trying to calm down. You guys come to my place, talk, apologize then cry.
- Members: The one who worked the hardest, Seolhyun, also said sorry.
- Seolhyun: No, no.
- Mina: Yes, she’s gotten skinnier these days. Are the schedules still that packed?.
- Seolhyun: Yes, I’m filming a drama.
- Choa: Stop posting on Instagram okay?
- Mina: Of course I won’t.
- Choa: I still get goosebumps thinking about how I rushed to post on Instagram. Because once you look back later, you will feel embarrassed.
- Mina: I was so embarrassed.
➡️ After meeting Mina, Jimin posted an apology on SNS.
“I think I didn’t understand Mina well and acted recklessly. Yesterday I cried, then prayed, then cried again. At the age of 20, I lived with the thought that it’s fine to help the group show the best image for the public to see, but… I realize that as a leader, I still have a lot of shortcomings.
Has the conflict between the two of us ended yet? No, it continued.”
After Mina’s post to get back at Jimin, she chose to commit suicide.
“Pray? Are you serious? Before I go, I have something to say. You said it yesterday you did it to help me get back on the right path. Would a person like that take men to the dorm to have sex?”
➡️ Jimin decided to withdraw from the entertainment industry. She no longer responds to any accusations from Minah. But from November 2020 to May 2021, Minah kept posting about Jimin.
➡️ On July 5, 2021, Mina shared during a live broadcast that Jimin is a sex addict.
➡️ On August 1, 2021, Mina appeared on a Youtube show and mentioned Jimin again. Mina said she forgave Jimin after receiving an apology in her dream. Until August 6, 2021, Mina shared 3 more posts on SNS.
Dispatch also met the staff who work with AOA for a long time.
The relationship between Mina and the staff is not very good. In fact, the managers at FNC called Minah “the commander”. Words like “sensitive”, “angry” and “terrifying” came out of their mouths frequently.
The young manager was terrified of Mina. AOA’s longtime staff also exposed Mina’s attitude.
Staff member A told stories of how Mina asked for help.
He said, “Minah even asked me to do personal things. I don’t know if booking a dental appointment is part of a manager’s duty. But I had no choice but to help her.”
- Mina: Can one of the managers book a dental appointment for me? How many times do I have to say this?
- Manager: I sent you a private message. They said they couldn’t make an appointment.
- Mina: Then you have to find another place? Try calling the clinic somewhere else and make a reservation for me.
- Mina: Do I have to wait like this because you said you can’t book? Or do I have to choose another date? I don’t think so.
“Mina also asked me to schedule a dermatologist appointment for her mother. On a Saturday night in January 2018, she asked me to do a lot of personal stuff for her.
- Mina: Have you booked a dermatology appointment? Not for me, but for my mother.
- Manager: I’ll call them on Monday when I go to work.
- Mina: Thanks, try as fast as you can.
- Manager: Can you tell me your mother’s name and date of birth? I will probably need that information to book an appointment (sent at 8pm).
She didn’t reply until 2am on Monday morning.
- Mina: Oh, XXX. I’m sorry but if you can, could you please make a reservation for me.
At 4am she texted again.
- Mina: If the reservation is made on Monday, call me immediately (4:41 am).
- Manager: Yes, when the hospital opens, I will try to call (8:30 am).
An official from the Association of Artists Management said this was an act of “not separating work from personal life”. He said: “In case of necessity, the manager can call to book an appointment at the hospital for the artist. However, making an appointment for the artist’s mother is outside of their obligations.”