The song ‘Butter’ by the 7 BTS boys is receiving a pretty good response from an international music critic site – MNE.
BTS officially made a comeback with the full English song ‘Butter‘ on May 21. The song is considered to have enough elements to become a big hit. And in fact, it dominated the domestic and international music market right after its release. Many people have wondered if ‘Butter’ can overcome the shadow of ‘Dynamite’ – BTS’s Grammy-nominated super hit.
However, the facts prove that we still cannot see the limit of BTS. ‘Butter’ continues to help the group bring back impressive records and achievements even though it’s only been over a week since its release. Even the response of the international media has been quite good. Especially recently, the music critic site NME even rated this song as actually doing as well or better than ‘Dynamite’.
NME is a British organization of newspapers, magazines, and music criticism websites. According to writer Rhian Daly, Butter “take a more lowkey – but just as effective – path to pop gold.”
This page also reviews the song as “a clean and crisp piece of dance-pop that’s undeniably cool without sacrificing immediacy or memorable hooks.”
NME also describes that the song’s melody, tempo, and nuance are not the only factors that make ‘Butter’ so great. They said the song also has very pleasant lyrics and “forms a potent shot of confidence that makes you feel ready to take on the world”.
And although summer hasn’t started yet, NME is determined to give BTS’s ‘delicious batch of butter’ 5 stars. They concluded:” It’s still too early in the year to call a definitive Song Of The Summer, but BTS has already set the bar incredibly high.”
This review of NME became a hot topic on the Theqoo forum and attracted many Knets to leave their comments. Many people are proud that Big Hit is so highly appreciated by international music experts. Others said that they are still “addicted” to the song ‘Butter’ and can listen to it over and over again without getting bored.
Some comments from Knets:
- Wow 5 stars on NME ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
- Daebak! Perfect score!
- 5 out of 5? BTS seems to have more recognition overseas than in Korea
- Butter is just a masterpiece
- I like the beat this time, so I keep listening to it..ㅋㅋ The song is good
- Overseas BTS reviews are always good
- I listen to it on my way to work in the morningㅋㅋㅋㅋ When I wake up I listen to it every morning
- The song is so good, I listen to it every day
- I only like female idols, but I think BTS’ songs are so good, I especially like Dynamite and Butter!!
- The friend I met today is a muggle, he said he likes Butter and said he would listen to this song even if BTS wasn’t popular