So far, the real reason for the disbandment of some of these Kpop girl groups is still a big mystery that makes fans frustrated.
Kpop over the years has seen the debut of many potential rookies, but at the same time, it is also sad to witness many famous groups permanently disappearing from the Kpop industry. There were disbandments that were predicted in advance, but there were also cases where the announcements to disband were issued all of a sudden, making fans unable to mentally prepare.
Recently, on the forum Instiz, Korean netizens named 6 girl groups’ disbandments that are the most shocking. The 6 girl groups included in the list are all somewhat popular to the public, so their disbandment seems to be even more difficult to accept.
Debut date: January 16, 2015
Disbandment date: May 22, 2021
Debut date: March 27, 2009
Disbandment date: November 25, 2016
Debut date: March 21, 2017
Disbandment date: May 24, 2019
Debut date: June 28, 2016
Disbandment date: December 31, 2020
Debut date: July 1, 2010
Disbandment date: December 27, 2017
Debut date: June 3, 2010
Disbandment date: June 4, 2017
Among the groups listed above, while 2NE1, Miss A, and SISTAR disbanded after a long journey together and because their original contract expired, G-Friend, PRISTIN, and gugudan could not even reach the 7-year milestone. Therefore, until now, the real reason behind G-Friend, PRISTIN, and Gugudan’s sudden disbandment is still a mystery that makes fans feel heartbroken every time they think about it.
- “All of them are groups that make me feel very sad when they disband….ㅠㅠ”
- “I still feel sorry for G-Friend “
- “I still can’t believe that PRISTIN and gugudan have disbanded… They gathered potential kids but why did they end up like this? PRISTIN received a very good response when they first debuted but I don’t understand why the company suddenly forced the group to disband. gugudan is full of talented members, great vocals but can’t turn up”
- “PRISTIN… Ha… It makes me angry every time I mention it…”
- “I still wonder what happened to G-Friend ㅠㅠ Still can’t believe they disbanded, I have a feeling they’ll be back soon…”
- “SISTAR and G-Friend… Somehow I still believe that one day they will release a new song together”
- “G-Friend shocked me the most”
- “I didn’t even know gugudan had disbanded…”
- “Every time I see PRISTIN, I cry”
- “PRISTIN was amazing when they first debuted… What a pity!”
Which girl group shocked you the most when they announced their disbandment?