The emotional climax scene, when Kim Yoo Jung’s character goes blind again in the finale of “Lovers of the Red Sky” is highly appreciated by the viewers.
Shortly after the final broadcast of “Lovers of the Red Sky”, the drama’s production crew treated the viewers to behind-the-scenes photos and videos showing Kim Yoo Jung‘s excellent performance. In the final events of the drama, the Demon King takes back the eyes of Kim Yoo Jung’s character. She loses her vision again but still tries to complete the painting. Kim Yoo Jung gets countless compliments and goes viral on Korean social media and online communities for her acting in this particular scene.
The drama footage is undeniably impressive, but when watching the behind the scenes video, viewers give even more praise to Kim Yoo Jung‘s performance when she nailed the emotional scene despite having to act alone in front of the camera and members of the crew. After watching Kim Yoo Jung’s acting with her expressive eyes in this scene, many netizens even want the actress to play a completely blind character in the future.
Some comments from netizens:
- This scene is so heartbreaking that I couldn’t hold back my tears. Yoo Jung is totally immersed in her character.
- This scene made me cry until the part where Ha Ram and Cheon Gi meet. The scene where Sam Sin dies got me sob too. Overall an excellent episode!
- Yoo Jung once played a blind role in a MV, she is such a talented actress
- Yoo Jung needs to play a blind character again, her eyes are amazing
- I cried so hard at this part
In addition to the tear-jerking scene, the crew of “Lovers of the Red Sky” also released a making video of the emotional kiss scene between Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop. Both showed serious expressions while filming as they were focusing on the smallest details. The duo successfully portrayed the most touching scene of the drama’s finale. After filming ended, the two wiped their tears. Ahn Hyo Seop also turned to Kim Yoo Jung to make sure that his female co-star was okay.