Red Velvet Joy’s solo debut at the Music Bank music show was not well received by Korean netizens as expected.
After releasing her first solo album titled “Hello” and the title track of the same name, Joy had a debut stage at the music show “Music Bank” on June 4. Thought this would be an opportunity for the idol born in 1996 to show off her performance skills after a long time working with Red Velvet, however, her performance received negative feedback.
This was Joy’s solo debut stage, but she lip-synced. This disappoints the audience because Red Velvet is one of the best girl groups in Kpop. Joy herself has stable live singing skills and a sweet voice, but she cannot promote her strengths through the song “Hello“.
Moreover, Knets are fed up with the Red Velvet member’s outfit. Because she performed a remake of the song from the 2000s, the female idol wore a retro-styled outfit. however, the outfit makes her look older than her real age. Some even commented that Joy’s visuals saved this performance.
Some comments from Knetizens:
- Is Joy good at singing..? It’s not like this was a performance-heavy stage so it’s a shame, but I bet that she’ll sing live later
- They should’ve dressed her like her album jacket ㅠㅠ
- I think that she would suit a 90’s sexy song. Her legs are long too
- I think that rather than her lip sync itself, the issue here is that it was too obvious that she was lip-syncing
- They should’ve at least decorated her stage ㅠㅠ
- I want to tie her hair
- What’s up with her clothes.
- I haven’t been able to hear her live a lot before. It’s also a shame that her stage set is this empty. Even so, it’s good that she’s performing solo since I can hear her voice color a lot. Her voice is so pretty
- This stage is indeed so-so…
- Let’s sing live ㅜㅜ
- It’s not like the dance and performance were super intense so of course, people will talk about it…
- It makes me wonder why must she lip sync… it’s not like the performance was hard either.
- Her lip-syncing was way too obvious… she lip-synced the whole thing…
- It’s been a while since I’ve seen someone lip-sync so obviously on stage ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Joy is pretty but what’s up with her hair and clothes..ㅠthe song is good though ㅎ
- Her clothes, lip-sync and hair are all a mess. Please save our Joy
- I feel like it was too obvious how her lips didn’t match the lyricsㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ and what’s up with her clothes? ㅠㅠㅠ Joy is saving this with her freshness ㅠㅠ But Joy is so pretty ♡
- What is this? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I thought that it was a comedy show where the comedians purposely lip sync in an exaggerated way; and what’s up with her clothes too.
It can be seen that Knets are not satisfied with Joy’s performance. They find it difficult to understand why she had to lip syncs although the female idol has good skills. And although this is a solo debut stage, Joy’s costumes and backgrounds are not carefully invested. Therefore, many hope that these issues will be resolved in future performances, and Joy can confidently showcase her talents.
Notice: Trying to get property 'term_id' of non-object in /home/kbizoomc/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag/functions.php on line 998