Jennie was not engaged in many music activities in 2021 but still excellently made it to the ranking of the most powerful Korean celebrities.
On November 1, the Korean news site Joy News 24 announced the results of the survey “Power People of 2021” as voted by 200 industry insiders. Only 4 Kpop idols enter the Top 10, including BTS, BLACKPINK, IU and Jennie.
The presence of Jennie as a solo artist in the Top 10 has impressed many netizens. Although she has not had any solo music activities for a long time, Jennie is still extremely popular with the Korean public. She has a huge impact on both entertainment and endorsements. Jennie always gets high ranks on the monthly individual idol brand reputation rankings. In this survey, Jennie received 7 votes and officially “outdid” her own group BLACKPINK, even surpassing IU.
Top 10 most powerful celebrities of Korea’s entertainment industry:
1. BTS – 91 votes
2. MC Yoo Jae Suk – 27 votes
3. Singer Lim Young Woong – 14 votes
4. Actor Lee Jung Jae – 13 votes
5. Actress Jung Ho Yeon – 11 votes
6. Actress Youn Yuh Jung – 8 votes
7. Jennie – 7 votes
8. IU – 5 votes
9. Producers Lee Soo Man and Bang Si Hyuk – 4 votes
10. BLACKPINK and actor Kim Seon Ho – 3 votes
In response to Jennie’s appearance in this list, netizens discussed with mixed reactions. Many people were surprised to see Jennie’s name on the chart even though she didn’t have any special individual activity in 2021. Meanwhile, both Rosé and Lisa achieved great success with their solo debuts but were not mentioned as the most powerful artists this year.
The other 2 members of BLACKPINK couldn’t reach to the level of Jennie
Some comments from netizens:
– Kim Jennie is the best! I hope you will be recognized even more. Love you!
– It’s already been 3 years since her solo debut without a comeback but is still the No.1 in BLACKPINK. Jennie slays!
– Congratulations, Jennie. SOLO has nearly turned 3 years old. We’re waiting for your comeback!
– Even BLACKPINK is not as popular as Jennie, let alone Rosé and Lisa.
– It seems like YG doesn’t have any plan for BLACKPINK’s comeback or solo activities in 2021. Especially, Jennie didn’t even appear on Korean TV shows but was still on top. She is indeed “Kim Trendnie” – The real It Girl of Korea.