Although the kiss scenes only account for no longer than 1 minute on screen, the actors took quite a lot of time to finish the take.
Kiss scenes are often picked as the most highlighted part of Korean dramas by K-Drama holics. However, many actors felt pressured to film these scenes. Not as easy as we may think, a kiss scene will not be finished with some skinship. Sometimes it took the actors up to hours in order to catch the most beautiful angles of the scene. Below are some famous kiss scenes in Korean movies that took quite a long time to film!
1. Jung Woo Sung and Son Ye Jin had a really sexy kiss scene in “A Moment to Remember”. At the pub, Son Ye Jin just drank up all her soju and got some soju drop on her lips; then, immediately Jung Woo Sung approached and kissed her. In order to finish this take, the 2 actors have to act it over and over again for 48 hours.
2. The kiss scene of Park Shi Hoo and Kim So Yeon in “Princess Prosecutor” took 2 hours to finish.
4. The 19+ kiss scene of Lee Jang Woo and Park Min Young in “Glory Jane” made the 2 actors struggle for 6 hours continuously.
6. The kiss of Lee Min Ki and Jung So Min in “Because This Is My First Life” had to be shot again and again. Only when they reached the 16th take was the scene successfully recorded.
7. The kiss scene in the 16th episode of “Rebel: Thief Who Stole The People” took Chae Soo Bin and Yoon Kyun Sang 30 takes to finish.
8. In the drama Bad Love, Kwon Sang Woo had to cope with a really hard kiss scene with his ‘partner’ Cha Ye Ryun. This scene was filmed from 7 a.m in the morning until dawn which was about 10 hours.
9. Chae Jung Ahn and Kang In had to kiss over and over again until the director said “Cut” to finish the scene in the movie “Hello, Schoolgirl”