tvN’s latest drama “Happiness” gets a positive response from the audience after its first broadcast.
“Happiness” – a horror thriller series about the apocalypse led by Han Hyo Joo and Park Hyung Sik has aired its first 2 episodes. “Happiness” promises to become a new weekend hit drama, replacing Kim Go Eun‘s “Yumi’s Cells” that unfortunately recorded low ratings. As expected, although exploiting a topic that is not widely popular with the mass audience of Korean TV, and not getting many promotions, the drama still has a fairly good start with an opening rating of 3.3% – not a high number, but it’s promising for a cable drama.
The first two episodes of “Happiness” have quickly received positive reviews. The audience gave many compliments for the gripping storyline. The zombies in the drama also look convincing and impressive. Moreover, viewers already get hooked on the chemistry between the two main characters and Han Hyo Joo’s gorgeous, timeless visuals.
Some comments from the viewers:
- I wish the entire drama is out at once so we don’t have to wait every week for new episodes
- The drama got me hooked with only 2 episodes! I should have waited for more episodes to start watching it…
- Han Hyo Joo is so pretty. She doesn’t look awkward in a highschool uniform
- Looks like Park Hyung Sik has gained some weight, but he’s still handsome
- I’m not a fan of the zombie genre but I started watching because of Park Hyung Sik. My heart dropped in some parts.
- The first 2 episodes are very thrilling. The first few scenes are quite cute. The chemistry between Han Hyo Joo and Park Hyung Sik is already good, overall it’s worth the wait
“Happiness” is about an apocalypse that takes place in the near future in an apartment building that is stratified by social status. The building is locked down due to the outbreak of a new infectious disease. Intense psychological battles and despairing struggles to survive continuously take place in the sealed-off building. Besides the main couple, the drama also stars other talented actors such as Jo Woo Jin, Lee Joon Hyuk, Park Joo Hee, Baek Hyun Jin, Park Hyung Soo, Bae Hae Sun and Cha Soon Bae.
“Happiness” airs every Friday and Saturday night on tvN.