Fans thought that V was treated unfairly.
Not long after BTS’s performance for “Dynamite” at the 63rd GRAMMY Awards, fans began trending the hashtags for #FAIRTREATMENTFORV, #그래미_태형파트삭제_머선129 (#GRAMMY_DELETINGTAEHYUNGPART_WHATISTHIS), and #분량차별줌아웃이제그만 (#STOPCUTTINGLINESANDBADCAMERAWORK).
Fans were upset, and at the same time, these hashtags were trending because V’s segment was cut during the group’s performance at Grammy, so the male idol had quite a little time to appear. Compared to the Dynamite stage at the MTV Video Music Awards 2020 (VMAs), they realized that V should have appeared right after Jungkook’s part, but it seems that this part was cut when BTS performed at the Grammy.
Immediately, many people assumed that this was Big Hit Entertainment’s fault. They emphasized that this is not the first time that something similar has happened, thereby asking the company to treat him more fairly.
Some comments from fans:
- We won’t stop until we see the changes to your treatment toward him it’s ENOUGH we don’t want to be silent anymore we saw what you did.
- They seems to understand !!! Even dispatch treats him better than bighit. WE WANT FAIR TREATMENT BIGHIT!
- It has happened way too many times to be ignored. Stop robbing them off their lines and screentime. We don’t want to see buildings we want to see Taehyung and Seokjin!
Although also being sad because screentime of V was cut off, but some other fans said that this is not Big Hit’s fault. According to them, the Recording Academy – the organizer of the Grammy Awards is the one responsible for this because BTS had to perform in such a short time. Someone also felt that this was not a deliberate action, V’s part was cut to match the duration of the show.
Comments from other fans:
- I think they cut it because they had to match the three minute mark. I don’t think they did this on purpose.
- You need to realize that Big Hit does not control the amount of screen time , the recording academy does ..
Source: Koreaboo, Twitter, YouTube