Although the two female idols wearing the same outfit was supposedly a harmless incident, Knets have been extremely sensitive and angry about this issue.
On August 29, Somi wrapped up her Dumb Dumb promotions with the last stage on the music show “Inkigayo“. Somi’s promotion seemed to have ended peacefully, marking a successful comeback if it weren’t for the last-minute controversy over her outfit on the goodbye stage. Specifically, Somi coincidentally wore the same outfit as her senior Rosé. Notably, this was also the outfit worn by Rosé on the final stage to end her solo promotions for On The Ground.
Usually, celebrities wearing the same outfits is not too uncommon. Most of the time, these “twinning” moments only spark the discussion of who wears the outfit better, instead of turning into a serious controversy. However, Knets are extremely sensitive and dissatisfied in this situation because the two female idols’ looks are almost identical.
Although Somi and Rosé gave off different vibes in this outfit, it is undeniable that if they had not worn identical clothes, it would have been better. The two girls would not have been dragged into unnecessary comparisons and discussions.
Moreover, this incident also shows that their company needs to be more careful. Somi and Rosé are not from completely different agencies. In fact, The Black Label is under YG. Netizens find it difficult to understand why two artists under the same management had to wear the same outfit. If Somi and Rosé had the same stylist, then their stylists deserve to be criticized for being irresponsible and uncreative by using one outfit twice for two different idols.
- This is really the company’s fault, the two of them put so much effort into their stages, but why did they make them wear the same clothes?
- Did the stylists really feel the need to make them wear the same clothes?
- It’s annoying though. But I have to admit that both of them look nice in this fit.
- If I were BLACKPINK’s coordi, I would feel bad.
- Somi’s stylist should apologize to Rosé’s stylist. Even if these two actually had the same stylist, that’s even worse, why did Rosé and Somi have to wear the same clothes?