BTS’s achievements make fans proud
On November 29 (Local time), Billboard announced the results of the Billboard 200 chart. BTS’s album BE excelled at No. 1 and this is the group’s 5th music product to do this on the prestigious US album chart.
According to Billboard, “BE” earned an impressive 242,000 equivalent album units during the week ending on November 26. The album’s total score consisted of 177,000 traditional album sales, 35,000 track equivalent album (TEA) units, and 30,000 streaming equivalent album (SEA) units—which translates to 48.56 million on-demand audio streams in the album’s first week.
Notably, BTS’s new album has only 1 version, the group does not apply the form of the bundle or being supported by radio points but still excelled at first place on the Billboard 200. Including the MAP album OF THE SOUL: Released in February, BTS became the first and only group in 2020 to top this chart twice.
Besides, the 7 Big Hit boys are the first artists recording mainly in foreign languages in history to have 5 albums ranked number one on the Billboard 200. The last group to top the Billboard 200 with five consecutive albums so quickly was The Beatles, who hit No. 1 five times between July 30, 1966, and December 28, 1968. The Beatles was also the last group to rack up their first five No. 1s so quickly, taking just under one year and five months to achieve the feat (from February 15, 1964, to July 10, 1965).
Since 2018, every time BTS makes a comeback, they have never left the first place on the Billboard 200. This shows the solid position of the “global group” in the US and their steady growth. Many netizens sent their congratulations to BTS, and some even felt that BTS at no. 1 on the Billboard 200 has become very obvious.
- The most BTS-esque album yet, the album the boys put their entire heart and soul into, the album that had ONE version, topped the biggest album chart in the US. BTS did that. WE did that
- Almost ARMY or non-fans gradually think this is obvious. But sometimes we and many people forget that BTS is just a Korean group, not the US UK.
- 1 version, double the price of previous albums, no random card release, no bundle, no radio. Well done.
- The prize on Amazon is high, 50 USD. This time if they released 4 normal versions, the number would be higher, but as for the Deluxe version, it is so great.
Albums of BTS at # 1 Billboard 200:
– Love Yourself: Tear.
– Love Yourself: Answer.
– MAP OF THE SOUL: PERSONA.
– MAP OF THE SOUL: 7.