This is not the first time BTS has been criticized for their unsuitable outfits.
It is undeniable the role of the stage outfits in enhancing the beauty and charisma of the performers, not to mention its helping the overall stage become harmonious, and making the audience to be well impressed. That’s why artists always focus on dressing upwhen performing on stages, especially in the appearance-focused entertainment industry like Kpop.
The issue of BTS‘s costumes has always been a matter of public discussions. BTS, as a promising music star in the world, has not been carefully cared for in terms of their appearance every time they are on stage. The most recent event when the group showed up on Japanese CDTV, again, was a performance in poor taste of their stylist.
The group has appeared to introduce their performance of Butter that will be broadcasted in the near future. Fans should have been glad that they were about to see the boys perform their latest hit that had just “rocked” the Billboard Hot 100, but all the attention turned to the group’s yellow suits.
The first impression of viewers will definitely be Jin’s shiny suit. Wearing a suit that didn’t fit his body even made him look older, plus the fabric material that looked like a plastic bag, this madeeveryone wonder about the stylist’s intentions.
The other members were not much better either, as their outfits were just okay, but not in proportion to their bodies, which couldmake it difficult for them to perform the hard choreography.
Knets left many comments on the group’s latest appearance:
- Please stop wearing suits…
- The outfits are so bad.. Other agencies even change the coordi if she/he doesn’t do well, but I guess Big Hit doesn’t even care about the fans’ opinions
- I really hate those outfits, please save BTS ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
- Honestly, I wish they could stop wearing outfits like this
- I’m not a fan of BTS so I don’t know the details, but why do BTS always wear suits? Those suits make them look older
- Their coorid has no skill and no sincerity…
- Hey Coordi, I don’t know who you are, but what the hell are you doing? If you can’t do well, just quit…
- BTS and Big Hit are both satisfied so they don’t change… Only the fans are upset
- Why are they dressed like middle-aged people?
- Are they obsessed with the retro concept? I’m really curious
It can be seen that Knetizens has left many comments which showed their confusion about the stylist’s choice of outfits for BTS. This will probably have a significant impact on the group’s image in the near future, especially when they are at the peak of their careers. The group’s image represents not only the group but also the entertainment industry of Korea.
Hopefully BTS and Big Hit will have timely improvements, helping the group deliver quality performances in both audio and visual aspects.
Source: K14, knetizen