Fans are enraged by Big Hit’s apathy and lack of sincerity towards BTS’ maknae on his birthday.
The topic is called “Why is Big Hit treating BTS like this?” is attracting attention on the Pann Nate forum. Fans were upset about the poorly decorated background during Jung Kook’s birthday livestream on September 1. There are only a few pictures of the male idol on the wall with the words “HBD Jung Kook” (instead of writing Happy Birthday, they only put the shortened version). In addition, the fans were also angry when the birthday cake that the staff prepared for the youngest BTS member was also very simple. It was just a white fresh cream cake with the words “Sill with you – JK”.
Jung Kook fans said that, in comparison to TXT’s birthday broadcasts, the company’s staffs were highly attentive to BTS’s younger brother group, but not sincere while planning a celebration for Jung Kook. There are no flags, balloons, or age numbers for the youngest BTS member on the birthday backdrop, and the birthday cake is basic white with no special decorations linked to Jungkook.
Some comments from fans:
1. [+263, -6] This isn’t a joke, that’s actually the lettering on Jungkook’s cake. This is something you can get for 30,000 won (~25$)ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Seriously, they’re earning millions from that kid and look at the insincere way they’re treating him. There’s only Bighit that can treat their artists like that even on their birthdayㅋㅋㅋㅋ It makes the way they treat the other HYBE kids’ birthdays so comparable ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+256, -7] They seriously only wrote “Still with you. JK. on the cakeㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It almost looks like they put more thoughts into J-hope cake. There was no places that sold entire cakes so they bought individual slices and put them togetherㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3. [+216, -4] Bighit said that they will take responsibility for Bangtan when they renewed their contract, but why are they like that?
4. [+155, -1] Look how they mentioned “Bangtan coin” and put their bakery shop in advertisement in their videos, meanwhile, they gave him a cake with no pattern on it, you can tell their intentions right throughㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+154, -5] Meanwhile, someone else had an animal cake with pictures and balloons all decorated behind, seriously what are they doing?
6. [+137, -2] Same company, different treatment. Looks like they have different staff. How can you have so little affection for your artist? Who’s responsible for over 80% of HYBE’s profit?
7. [+117, -1] Who is giving the member a 30,000won cake when they’re paying for you 25 billion won rent building in Yongsan?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+111, -1] Comparison between Army and Bighit’s care
9. [+110, -2] In the past, Big Hit took BTS members’ birthdays very seriously. But since the company has grown and become richer, they have changed.
Earlier in August, Big Hit staff were also criticized by Army fandom to have taken advantage of BTS’s livestream to promote products of acquaintances and forced the members to do things they didn’t like to.
Specifically, when Jin and RM did the live broadcast, the staff had given them avocado-flavored desserts to snack on. But the two members could not swallow even though they had tried to have a taste. BTS fans know it well that Jin and RM both hate avocados, however, it seems that the staff didn’t care to bat an eyelid. Jin and RM even had to show the shop’s name, read out the menu and types of cakes, as if they were “disguised advertising”. What is worth mentioning is that Korean fans found out these cakes all come from a shop called “Plate D,” which belongs to an acquaintance of a Big Hit staff, not a brand that BTS represents.
When the livestream ended, this cake shop and their staff all reposted RM and Jin’s photos with the caption “BTS-coin,” implying that just BTS’ fame is enough to make them a significant profit. Previously in a livestream of j-hope, the male idol also received the cake brought by the staff from this brand. The incident raised demand towards Big Hit in re-managing their staff, when they continuously mooched off BTS’s reputation, made BTS their tools to profiteer, thereby helping them to promote products for acquaintances.