CRAVITY once again faced the suspicion of ‘plagiarism’, but this time even more surprised because they were supposed to copy TREASURE.
Yesterday (January 19), CRAVITY just released their 3rd mini-album titled ‘SEASON 3 HIDEOUT: BE OUR VOICE’ with the title song ‘My Turn’ MV. The song ‘My Turn’ was composed by Cameron Jai, Harold Philippon, Keelah Jacobsen, and Ryan Jhun, while the lyrics were written by Exy (WJSN). The song uses a minimalistic method of musical instrument sounds and focuses only on the intense 808 bass, bringing explosive and new emotions to listeners.
The song’s content shows CRAVITY’s ambition and enthusiasm in a non-stop race. The group’s MV impresses with the concept of young racers, flexible choreography, and impressive visual effects. The group also incorporates other speed-demanding sports such as baseball and basketball to demonstrate their aspirations to be winners.
The newness in the song ‘My Turn’ has made the group receive a lot of positive feedback. However, netizens said that the Starship group had the act of ‘plagiarizing’ TREASURE. Specifically, many people believe that there are many similarities between CRAVITY’s MV ‘Boy’ and TREASURE’s ‘I LOVE YOU’.
According to Knet’s evidence, it seems that the director of CRAVITY’s ‘My Turn’ MV has ‘learned’ the ideas from TREASURE’s MV but did not make them too obvious. As can be seen in the following scenes, there are many similarities between the two MVs such as basketball net image, racing, lighting layout, and shooting angle, etc.
The post claims that CRAVITY ‘plagiarism’ TREASURE is also receiving attention from Knet. Many people said that they were no longer unfamiliar with the Starship group ‘copying ideas’ of other groups when the same thing happened to EXO and NCT.
Since its debut, what makes netizens remember CRAVITY is not talent but plagiarism controversy. After releasing their debut MV ‘Break all the Rules’, this rookie group immediately got stuck with the plagiarism of EXO and NCT 127’s choreography. Now with this incident, Knet earnestly requested Starship stopped ‘plagiarizing’ the ideas of other groups because CRAVITY members were able to prove themselves without these tricks.
– Wow, after looking back, I realized they really plagiarized EXO’s music video.
– I’m a fan of another group. It is fair to say that some images are not really the product of plagiarism. However, the cube of EXO and CRAVITY is really the same.
– CRAVITY was again involved in the plagiarism controversy.
– What a shame
– Using the concept of racing is plagiarism? How many artists use the racing concept with led screens like that?
– Or is this the group’s ‘dirty’ way of promoting? Their fandom name is similar to Red Velvet so we asked the agency to respond. Finally, after the controversy, they continued to keep the fandom name Luvity (* Red Velvet’s fandom name is ReVeLuv, the nickname is Luvies)
– Everything related to the MV is the fault of the director and the company, not the singer. Regarding the ‘Break All The Rules’ MV, Luvitys also pointed out the image like EXO’s MV and the director gave feedback. They also stopped using that cube logo. You should complain to the company, why write useless posts on Pann? This post is just a war hit to make CRAVITY being even more hated.