Many Knet said now when looking back, it also seems to be the top line-up of a Kpop event that now will be difficult to see again.
The year-end music festivals in Korea always make fans excited because it is an event that many artists from different companies can gather, even with extremely impressive collaborations. Every time it comes to this point, what fans are most excited about is seeing the line-ups of SBS, KBS, and MBC to see who can invite more stars, which concert will have more attractive collaborations.
However, it is true that in recent years, the line-up of year-end concert events has often been incomplete. Many 2nd generation Kpop groups have temporarily stopped working or disbanded. Big 3rd generation groups like EXO, BTS, BLACKPINK, TWICE, etc … also did not appear at the same event. The top collaborations are now mainly of rookie groups instead of famous 2nd or 3rd generation groups.
These things make many netizens regret when remembering the golden age of music festivals about many years ago. Recently, a Knet posted an article on an online forum about a year-end concert that is supposed to have such a top line-up that we will hardly see it again now. That is the line-up of SBS Gayo Daejun in 2016.
At the end of the article, this Knet left his comment as follows:
‘A line-up that makes me finish reading gives goosebumps.
BIG BANG, EXO, SHINee, BTS, Got7, Lovelyz, Red Velvet, Mamamoo, BLACKPINK, BtoB, VIXX, Seventeen, CNBLUE, Sistar, GFriend, AOA, Apink, Ailee, NCT, EXID, INFINITE, TWICE, etc.
From MCs to the artists who attended, it was really amazing.
Wasn’t there also countless hits back then?
I think this event then became legendary.’
After looking back at the line-up at that time, many Knet were also touched because there was no longer an event that could invite such famous artists of the 2nd and 3rd generation. At that time, the famous 2nd generation groups like Big Bang, SISTAR, CNBLUE, INFINITE, etc. were still active. In addition, this is also the first period of the 3rd generation and is a rare event where the 5 most popular groups of this generation are present at the same time: EXO, BTS, TWICE, BLACKPINK and Red Velvet.
Some comments from Knets:
– To remind everyone what a great period this was when songs like ‘Blood Sweat & Tears’,’ Russian Roulette ‘,’ Cheer Up ‘,’ Rough ‘,’ Décalcomanie ‘,’ Aju Nice ‘and’ Galaxy ‘were released there. And it seems like this is also the time when the OST of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ will be released.
– I really enjoyed this era.
– Now there cannot be any event with the participation of BTS, EXO, BLACKPINK, and TWICE anymore.
– Oh really cool, including EXO, BTS, BLACKPINK, TWICE, Red Velvet.
– In 2016 we had a lot of hits such as ‘Cheer Up’, ‘Rough’, ‘You’re The Best’, ‘Whistle’, ‘Russian roulette’ and ‘Very Very Very’.
– I think that was the golden age of Kpop 3rd gen. It was a golden time for the transition between the 2nd and 3rd generation, and all the songs of the groups were famous.