2 of them are well-loved seniors among new generation female idols.
Jennie and Joy are always famous among female juniors. Not long ago, another member of IVE, Rei, expressed her excitement when she could directly meet Joy – whom she has admired and adored for a long time. Joy herself also posted on her personal Instagram a photo taken with Rei, and shared on Bubble how touched she was by Rei’s gesture.
Netizens are also taken aback when they realize the age gap between Leeseo and the seniors she wants to get close to. Leeseo, who was born in 2007, is one of the youngest idols active in Kpop today. Although IVE and aespa’s debuts are only a year apart, Leeseo is 7 years younger than Karina. More surprisingly, the 14-year-old rookie is 11 years younger than Jennie and Joy.
- “Joy is loved by female hoobaes.”
- “Wow… But when I tried calculating, I realized that Jennie and Leeseo are exactly 12 years old apart”
- “Jennie was born in January 1996, so she is of the age of the Pig, not the age of the Rat, so it is correct to say that Jennie is 12 years older than Leeseo”
- “Really shocked… Now I see that Leeseo is still a baby”
- “It’s strange to hear “Karina sunbaenim”… Probably because aespa only debuted a year ago ㅋㅋㅋ”
- “But it’s true that female hoobaes mention BLACKPINK Jennie and Red Velvet Joy a lot…”
- “Actually, if you ask middle and high school girls which singer they like the most, Jennie, Joy and Karina are the three most mentioned ㅋㅋㅋ”
- “As expected, Jennie and Joy are role models that women really like ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “So cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Middle school kids usually like cool and sexy unnie ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “Joy is really famous in the idol world. I see young idols mentioning her a lot”
- “Started to realize that Leeseo is 7 years younger than Karina, and more than 10 years younger than Jennie and Joy… ㅠㅠㅠㅠ”
Meanwhile, I’VE is still promoting the title song “ELEVEN” on weekly music shows. The group earned their first win on “Show Champion” on December 8, breaking ITZY’s record to become the fastest girl group to win a weekly music show’s trophy in K-pop history.