From 2PM “My House” singer Junho to MBC’s Drama Awards Daesang nominee Lee Jun-ho, let’s look at some facts about him.
“Hello, I’m 2PM Lee Jun-ho”
It was how Junho introduced himself at the beginning of his acceptance speech when receiving Top Excellence Award at the 2021 MBC Drama Awards. Being an idol for 9 years, rather than reversing the public prejudice against idol-turned actors, he touched the hearts of all 2PM fans and fans who have newly joined the fanclub of actor Lee Jun-ho with his honest words to prove that he didn’t forget his main job. Below are several facts about Lee Jun-ho, who has recently attracted many fans with his warm heart.
- He surpassed 6500 competitors to win 1st place on SBS’s show “Superstar Survival” in 2006. At that time, Junho was nicknamed “Little Rain” because he resembled much of Bi Rain. After that, he debuted together with Taecyeon and Chansung, whom he met at the survival show under JYP Entertainment.
- When he was young, he loved reading hip-hop comic books and was active as a B-Boy. However, he didn’t ignore his study and was smart enough to be in the TOP 40 in school.
- Junho appeared in many activities of the Department of Theater at his high school. Thanks to his basic acting skills, despite having been an idol for a long time, Junho was cast and made his first screen debut through the 2013 film “Cold Eyes”, playing the role of Detective Daramjwi (“Squirrel”).
- In an interview with TenAsia, “Cold Eyes” director Cho Eui-seok selected Junho as the most interesting actor among the cast members. In addition, actors Seol Kyung-gu, Jung Woo-sung, and Han Hyo-joo, who acted together with Junho in the movie, also complimented him, saying, “Let’s meet each other more frequently on the screen”.
- He made his solo debut with the song “Kimi no Koe (Your Voice) and turned to doing activities in Japan in the same year. After then, Junho performed solo stages in Japan every year before enlisting in the military in 2018. He showed off his capabilities as a producer by not only participating in lyrics writing and composing songs but also monitoring the music videos filming and creating choreography.
- Junho was injured a lot during 2PM activities because many of their choreographies included acrobatic moves. Even before his debut, Junho once fainted after landing on his head while doing backflips.
- Junho’s hand length is 22cm, which is the largest among 2PM members. He’s left-handed but writes with his right hands.
- Playing the main character Lee Kang-doo in JTBC’s 2017 drama “Just Between Lovers”, Junho even rented a rooftop room in Busan even before the drama filming. This was his effort to become more immersed in the character, and this story once became a hot topic.
- After appearing in KBS2’s drama “Good Manager” with Nam Goong-min, he received the Best Couple Award at the 2017 KBS Drama Awards. Junho was then nominated for the Daesang at the 2021 MBC Drama Awards. When Nam Goong-min was announced to be the Daesang winner, Junho ran to Nam Goong-min and hugged him.
- Junho is also known to add many adlibs during the filming of “The Red Sleeve”. If you watch the making videos and interviews about “The Red Sleeve”, he revealed that he added many adlibs and even made actor Oh Dae-hwan laugh hard.
- Appearing on “Radio Star”, Lee Junho promised that if the rating of “The Red Sleeve” exceeded 15%, he would appear on the show again with actress Lee Se-young, who plays Seong Deok-im, and dance to the song “My House”. The final episode of “The Red Sleeve” later recorded 17.4%, and the schedule for “Radio Star” has been arranged.
- In 2021, he was selected in the TOP 100 Korean male actors by the Korean Film Council. It is known that the list was chosen based on participation in Korean film box office hits and award-winning experiences over the past decade.
- He appeared on SBS’s “Strong Heart” in 2010 and quote the saying, “Popularity is a season”. It was his motto which means he would just relax and carry out activities gradually to wait for his season. His word was confirmed once again when the video of “My House” recently became popular again.
- If you look at Junho’s Instagram, cats appeared in most of the pictures. In particular, the one named “Gomaengi” living in Junho’s sister’s house and the one named “Jeonggami” living with 2PM Chansung are brother and sister.
- Junho has a hobby of collecting clothes he likes by colors. His mother even asked him to stop buying the same clothes of different colors.
- Junho, who is known to have a weak drinking ability, said in an interview with Esquire, “I’m not that crazily weak”. However, in another interview, he revealed that he didn’t drink too much because his face might get swollen.
- Junho has quite a few nicknames. In addition to “My House” Junho, he is also named “Maeng” because of his attractive hips, “Ijsan”, which is a shortened word for “The Red Sleeve” Yi San + Lee Jun-ho, etc. In fact, his favorite nickname is “FOX”.